- Why is Chanel so fucking expensive? My favourite cologne, which I got a great deal on at the Chanel store, was $90 an ounce. I could’ve gotten an ounce of shitty weed for that price.
- “The House That Heaven Built” should be the new Obama theme song for this campaign. Fuck will.i.am. I’m 29, not pushing 50 and trying to look edgy.
- Oh I’m hosting some neighborhood campaign event at a wine shop because the only social places I can think of involve alcohol (blame New Orleans) and I have to talk and motivate people I’ve never met and somehow sell the fact that a French Canadian is their team leader so no I’m totally not nervous at all.
- Tomorrow might be a five Klonopin kind of day.
- I have to be at a university for 8 hours tomorrow, standing the entire time, because that is now part of my job. I liked it better when I was getting drunk in Beirut or wearing body armor in Damascus.
[Half the bottle is gone.]
- Oh GREAT. THANKS FOR THE JETS TO BRAZIL, iTUNES.
- I probably should’ve had something more substantial than a protein shake today. This morning.
- Shit. Hey Eli. Can we organize a Canada loves Barack Obama tour super quick? Everybody on Dare to Care/Grosse Boîte, call up Audiogram, call up Mikey P, call Poirier. Call up Justice and have them bring their tour manager with the gun and liquor fetish. Lana Gay can come down from Vancouver because of reasons. We can do this. OUI ON PEUT!
- I ordered a Virginians for Obama t-shirt today, because at $30 I just had to. Plus they don’t have “French-Americans” or “Canadian-Americans” for Obama shirts.
- Speaking of all of this online ordering I did, plus the new glasses I just bought, my bank account balance is like $5.87, which is sort of pathetic for an almost 30 year old. I get paid Friday so oh well.
- I almost like the English translation that Jim Corcoran did of Karkwa’s “Les chemins de verre” better than the original French version. You’ll hear why in a second.
- Fucked Up better win this year or else. OR ELSE, TORONTO-BASED MUSIC JOURNO HACKS.
- I need more red wine and to definitely not turn on the TV, because I will inevitably turn it to MSNBC and laugh hysterically at how the presidential race ended about four hours ago.
- Yeah, need more red wine. Got about an hour before these sleeping pills kick in. Gonna need a full “Heath Ledger” to fall asleep tonight (anxiety, guys).