Not afraid to be servicey:
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service New Orleans/Baton Rouge office (in Slidell)
- WWL-TV live television stream/updates
- WDSU-TV live blo and real-time updates/iPhone & Android apps
- Times-Picayune (nola.com)/live webcams/state of emergency info
- Weather Underground (models, storm surge, tracking, wind probabilities, etc)
- The Weather Channel Isaac updates/local New Orleans forecast & conditions
- WDSU meteorologist Margaret Orr
- WDSU’s official Twitter account @wdsu
Not a complete list by any means, but those are the publicly available websites (I have direct access to the NHC and other federal government resources/information) and in my opinion, the best sources for information will come from WDSU and WWL — they’ll be broadcasting over the internet for the duration of the storm).
P.S. - If you’re riding out the storm, send me a tweet about conditions/photos or if you need any help from DHS or DoD I can mobilize from Washington, DC. Facebook friends: my personal cell phone number is on my profile and you can call day or night (please don’t abuse this); if I don’t answer I’m either in a meeting or sleeping. (Also, please consider texting only because of the damage/load the storm will do to the cellular network.) Email works too.